Sunday, 24 March 2013

Slyther-egg!






Starting with a little kit from Marigold Green (find her page on Facebook for more of her adorable needle felted creations) and a cup of hot squash, I was all ready for a Decorate an Easter Egg workshop at Jumble Jelly.
Naomi is an excellent tutor, full of vibrance and fun. She has been needle felting for about a year, and has created it into a successful business for herself, taking on comissions and now teaching.
Naomi had done the hardwork for us by creating the core of the egg using jacob fleece, and we then used mostly merino wools to cover the eggs with.
Being me, I of course wanted to make mine Slytherin. Whilst everyone else was going for bright fun colours, I chose a dark grey to cover my egg. I wrapped it around and started stabbing away!




Here is my grey egg! With some interesting luck I did not stab myself!!! Hurrah!!!!
Then came to create a snake to wrap around my egg. I used some dark green merino and rolled it into a sausage shape, and lightly felted it before I wrapped it around the egg.
I wanted it to be almost 3D, so I stabbed the snake just enough to attach it to the egg. I got a good wiggle on it too :D




I had trouble trying to needle felt a tongue... And then I spotted fabric glue glitter on the shelf :D
So he has a pink glitter tongue, and silver glitter zig zags! I love him very much.
Naomi was incredibly encouraging throughout the whole process, spending plenty of time with each of us. She discussed various ways of shaping, and why we had two different needles. Naomi is very knowledgable and enthusiastic.
I highly recommend a needle felting course with Naomi at Jumble Jelly! You'll have plenty of fun!
Elle
xxx
Future workshops with Naomi at Jumble Jelly include gnome homes (toadstools) and alien pincushions. Check out the workshop schedule at Jumble Jelly
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment